The ‘Crate Analysis’ page help commission agents in analyzing how many crates are issued to and received from their customers and suppliers. Let’s learn how to ‘Manage’ crates on ChargeERP.
This is the next article from our ‘How-To’ series. The previous post was ‘How To Add ‘Bank’ Entries On the ‘Financials’ page of ChargeERP’.
Crates play an important part in mandi businesses. They are used for packaging, storing, and transporting agricultural goods from one place to another. Commission agents (aadathiyas) often use crates in mandis while dealing with their customers and suppliers. However, when it comes to managing crates, they prefer to rely on ChargeERP mandi accounting software.
Let’s find out how commission agents can add and ‘Manage’ crates on the ‘Crate Analysis’ page of ChargeERP.
- First, log into your ChargeERP account. Once you log in, you will directly land up to the ‘Dashboard’ page. From the top left corner, click on the company name dropdown (A) and choose the company you want to manage crates for.
- Now, using the sidebar option on the left side, just click on the ‘Crate Analysis’ tab (B).
- The ‘Crate Analysis’ page has two tabs, namely ‘Manage’ and ‘Crate Ledger’. To add a new crate entry, click on the ‘Manage’ tab (C).
- Then, click on the ‘New Entry’ button (D) on the right side of the page. An ‘Add New Entry’ form will open.
On the form, fill in your crate-related details (E).
- From the ‘Type’ dropdown, select ‘Issued’ or ‘Received’.
- Next, select the ‘Date’ of the entry. Then type in the ‘Slip Number’ as this will be printed on the receipts.
- From the ‘Account Type’ dropdown, select ‘Customer’ or ‘Supplier’ account.
- The ‘Account Name’ drop-down (F) will list the account names based on the chosen ‘Account Type’. If your desired account name is not on the list, click the ‘Add New’ button (G) and enter the new account details. This new account will also reflect on the ‘Accounts’ page.
Now, select the ‘Crate Marka’ from the dropdown (H). You can also add a new Crate Marka to the list using the ‘Add New’ button (I).
- As soon as you select the ‘Crate Marka’, automatically the available crate balance (J) will be displayed next to ‘Crate Quantity’.
- Enter your desired crate quantity and ensure that it is not more than the displayed available crate balance for the chosen marka.
- You have the option to add ‘Remarks’ in the end.
- Now, click on the ‘Save’ (K) button.
- This newly added crate entry will now appear in the table under the ‘Manage’ tab on ‘Crate Analysis’ page
- To search for a particular account in the table, type the account name in the ‘Search Here’ box (L).
- The footer (M) for the ‘Manage’ tab shows ‘Recorded Marka’, ‘Total Customer’, ‘Total Supplier’ and ‘Crates Issued’.
How to edit and delete crate entries?
Every row in the ‘Manage’ crate table has a ‘three-dot menu’ (N) on the right side. As you click on it, ‘Edit’, ‘Delete’ and ‘Print Receipt’ options will come. You can choose the ‘Edit’ or ‘Delete’ options to edit or delete your crate entry.
How to generate Crate Receipts?
To generate a crate receipt, use the same ‘three-dot menu’ and click on the ‘Print Receipt’ option (O). You will see a confirmation box (P) to receive this report over WhatsApp.
As soon as you make your choice between ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, you will be redirected to the ‘Crate Receipt’ (Q) of the selected customer/supplier. You can then choose to ‘Print’ or ‘Download’ it.
Back on the ‘Manage’ tab, you will see a download icon on the right side of the table. As you click on this icon, ‘Print Bulk Receipts’ (R) and ‘Export as PDF’ (S) options will come.
If you want to get a combined crate report (T), click on the ‘Print Bulk Receipts’ option.
Export as PDF’ option will take you to the ‘Crates Register’ (U) that summarizes the recorded number of markas, total customers and suppliers, and total issued crates.
This is how you can add crate entries and ‘Manage’ crates on the ‘Crate Analysis’ page of ChargeERP. Read our next article in the ‘How-To’ series – ‘How To create ‘Crate Ledger’ On ‘Crate Analysis’ Page Of ChargeERP’. ChargeERP has become the most popular accounting software across Indian mandis. It is easy to use, quick and allows multiple devices access. Designed by Bijak, India’s most trusted agri-trading app, ChargeERP uses an end-to-end encryption method to secure your important financial data.
If you want to know more about ChargeERP software and the newly launched ChargeERP box, feel free to connect with us at +91 9311341199 or visit www.chargeerp.com. You can request a free demo here: https://www.chargeerp.com/#demo. We also suggest that you follow us on Facebook for regular updates. You can check out their latest videos on the ChargeERP YouTube channel.