Commission agents need to record their sales activities on a daily basis. Let’s check out how ChargeERP helps them in creating daily sales entries for their customers and suppliers.
This is the next article from our ‘How-To’ series. The previous post was ‘How To Add ‘On Order’ Sale Entries On ‘Quick Sale’ Page’ of ChargeERP.
Sales is an integral part of any business and mandi business is no exception. Agri-traders, like commission agents, are bound to record their daily sale entries in one place. On the ‘Daily Sale’ page of ChargeERP, commission agents can record their arrivals and sale entries simultaneously. Let’s check out how.
Steps to record Arrivals and Sale entries on ‘Daily Sale’ page:
- First, log into your ChargeERP account. Once you log in, you will directly land up to the ‘Dashboard’ page. Using the sidebar option on the left side, just click on the ‘Daily Sale’ tab (A).
- From the top left corner, click on the company name dropdown (B) and choose the company you want to add daily sale entries to.
- Now, to create a new Daily Sale entry, click on the ‘New Record’ button (C) on the right side of the page. An ‘Add New Record’ form will open.
On the form, fill in the ‘Arrival Details’ section (D).
- First, select the ‘Date’ when the supplier sent the items.
- Now, from the ‘Supplier Name’ dropdown (E), select the supplier account. If your desired supplier account is not on the list, click on ‘Add New’ button (F) and create a new supplier account. Please note that this new account will also reflect on the ‘Accounts’ page.
- Enter the ‘Vehicle Number’.
- Fill in the ‘Bill No./GR No./Challan Number’ box with relevant information.
Now, fill in the ‘Sale Details 1’ section (G).
- Select the ‘Item Name’ from the dropdown (H). If your desired item name is not on the list, click on the ‘ADD NEW’ button (I) and create a new item. Please note that this new item will also reflect on the ‘Masters’ page.
- Enter the ‘Lot No’, which is an optional entry.
- From the ‘Customer Name’ dropdown (J), select the customer name. If your desired customer name is not on the list, click on the ‘Add New’ button (K) and create a new customer account. Please note that this new account will also reflect on the ‘Accounts’ page.
- Select the ‘Sale Type’ from the dropdown. There will be three options, ‘Local’, ‘For Sale’ and ‘On Order’ to choose your sale type from. Select ‘Local’ if the item is bought and sold in the same mandi and ‘For Sale’ if it is sold in other mandis. Go for ‘On Order’ option if the customer has placed an order for the item in advance at a fixed rate.
- Now, enter ‘Nug’, ‘Weight’, ‘Supplier Rate’ and ‘Customer Rate’.
- Select the right unit from the ‘Per’ dropdown.
- Based on these inputs, fields like ‘Basic Amount (Customer)’, ‘Basic Amount (Supplier)’, ‘Expenses’ and ‘Net Customer Amount’ will be automatically calculated.
- If you check the ‘Net Rate’ box, you can manually enter both ‘Basic Amount (Customer)’ and ‘Basic Amount (Supplier)’ irrespective of ‘Supplier Rate’ or ’Customer Rate’.
Now, move on to the ‘Expense Details’ (L) section which is automatically filled from ‘Masters’.
- You have the option to edit these expense details also.
- If you trade the items in crates, then select the right marka from the ‘Crate Marka’ dropdown.
- Available crate balance will be automatically displayed. Fill in the number of ‘Crates’ given to the customer.
In case you want to add more than one customer:
- Click on the ‘Add Row’ button (M) under the ‘Expense Details 1’ section. A new ‘Sale Details 2’ section and ‘Expense Details 2’ section will open.
- You can add the details of your second customer in the same way you did for the first one earlier.
Fill in the ‘Other Charges’ section (N), if required.
- Select relevant taxes, charges, or payments from the ‘Particulars’ dropdown.
- Then, enter the ‘Amount’ and ‘Remarks’.
- Use the ‘Add Row’ button (O) to add multiple charges.
- The ‘Delete’ icon (P) at the end of the rows will delete any specific entry.
- Use the ‘Clear All Row’ (Q) button to delete all the entries in one go.
- On the Footer (R), you will see ‘Total Nug’, ‘Total Weight’, ‘Basic Customer Amount’, ‘Expenses’, ‘Buyers Amount’, ‘Seller’s Basic Amount’, ‘Other Charges’, ‘Seller’s Amount’, and ’Net Profit’.
- Click on the ‘Save’ (S) button to complete the ‘Daily Sale’ entry. This new entry will now appear in the ‘Daily Sale’ table.
- Use ‘Search here’ box (T) to find sales entries related to a particular customer account. Type in the account name and search.
- The footer for the ‘Daily Sale’ page shows ‘Total Sales’, ‘Total Amount (Seller)’, ‘Total Amount (Buyer)’ and ’Net Profit’.
How to edit and delete a ‘Daily Sale’ entry?
Every row in the ‘Daily Sale’ table has a ‘three-dot menu’ (U) on the right side. As you click on it, ‘Edit’, ‘Delete’, ‘Download Customer Bill’ and ‘Download Seller Bill’ options will come. You can choose ‘Edit’ or ‘Delete’ options to edit or delete entries.
How to generate ‘Customer’ and ‘Seller Bills’?
Use the same ‘three-dot menu’ and click on the ‘Download Customer Bill’ (V) or ‘Download Seller Bill’ (W) option. You will see a confirmation box (X) to receive this report over WhatsApp.
As soon as you make your choice between ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, you will be redirected to the ‘Customer Bill’ or ‘Seller Bill’ where you can choose to ‘Print’ (Y) and ‘Download’ (Z) it.
This is how you can record arrivals and sale entries on ‘Daily Sale’ page of ChargeERP. Read our next article in the ‘How-To’ series – ‘How To Add ‘Cash’ Entry On the ‘Financials’ page. ChargeERP is exclusively designed for mandi commission agents to help them with their everyday mandi operations and accounting. Powered by Bijak, India’s most trusted agri-trading app, this platform promises to save both time and energy. With a user-friendly layout, constant data entry support, and guaranteed security, this accounting software is a must-have for small and big mandi businesses.
If you want to know more about ChargeERP and the newly launched ChargeERP box, please visit www.chargeerp.com or dial +91 8588998844. You can also request a free demo here: https://www.chargeerp.com/#demo. We also suggest that you follow us on Facebook for regular updates. You can also view the latest instructional videos on the ChargeERP YouTube channel.