We discussed how to add a customer account to the ‘Accounts’ page on ChargeERP in the previous article. Let’s check out how supplier accounts are added to ChargeERP, India’s easiest, fastest, and most secure mandi accounting software. This is the next article from our ‘How To’ series.
Suppliers bring farm produce to the commission agents in mandis on a daily basis. Commission agents have to keep a track of all their purchases from these suppliers in accounting software. These are the steps you need to take to add your supplier account to the ‘Accounts’ page on ChargeERP.
- Firstly, log into your ChargeERP account. Once you log in, you will directly land up to the ‘Dashboard’ page. From the top left corner of the ‘Dashboard’, click on the company name dropdown (A) and choose the company you want to add the supplier account to.
- Now using the sidebar option on the left side, just click on the ‘Accounts’ (B) section.
- To add a new Supplier account, click on the ‘New Account’ (C) button on the right side of the page. This will open a new form where you can fill in the details related to your supplier.
First, fill in the Mandatory Fields (D).
- Enter the supplier’s ‘Business Name’, along with the name of the ‘Contact Person’ and their ‘Phone Number’.
- Next, choose ‘Supplier’ from the ‘Account Type’ dropdown. This will automatically set the ‘Debit/Credit’ dropdown to ‘Credit’ but you can change it. ‘Credit’ stands for money payable while ‘Debit’ stands for money receivable.
- Next, add the ‘Opening Balance’ on the date of creating this account.
- Finally the correct ‘State’ and ‘City’ of the business from the dropdown.
You can also choose to fill the Optional Fields (E) for the supplier.
- Add ‘Print Alias’ which is a nickname that you want to use on the bills and reports.
- Add the ‘Area’ where this business operates and the official business ‘Address’.
- Similarly, fill in ‘Credit Limit’ and ‘Ledger Folio Number’.
- You also have the option to add the Customer’s banking details like ‘Account Holder Name’, ‘Account Number’, ‘IFSC Code’, and ‘Pan Number’.
- Now, save all these details, by clicking on the ‘Save’ (F) button.
- The newly added supplier account will now appear in the table on the ‘Accounts’ page. For easy identification, supplier accounts carry an orange ‘Supplier’ label (G) on them.
How to edit or delete entries
Every row in the Accounts table has a ‘three-dot menu’ (H) on the right side, which allows you to ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ the Supplier details. However, when you delete a supplier account, all associated transactions of that account in ‘Quick Sale’, ‘Financials’, and ‘Crate Analysis’ will also be deleted.
In the footer (I), you can see the ‘Accounts’ summary as ‘Total Customers’, ‘Total Suppliers’, ‘Outstanding Balance’ for customers, and suppliers.
In this way, you can add supplier accounts on ChargeERP software. Read our next article in the ‘How-To’ series – ‘How To Add ‘Party Stock’ On ‘Arrivals’ Page Of ChargeERP’. ChargeERP is an advanced mandi accounting solution offered by Bijak, India’s most trusted agri-trading app. It promises easy, fast and secure accounting for mandi commission agents. This software can be accessed from multiple devices and can reduce your accounting time by 90%.
If you have any queries regarding ChargeERP software and their newly launched ChargeERP box, feel free to dial +91 8588998844 or visit www.chargeerp.com. You can request a free demo here: https://www.chargeerp.com/#demo. For regular updates, you can follow us on Facebook and check our latest videos on our YouTube channel.