Accounts are the most important aspect of any business. Commission agents need to maintain both customer and supplier accounts and ChargeERP helps them do this. Let’s have a quick look at how Customer Accounts can be added to the ‘Accounts’ page on ChargeERP. This is the next article from our ‘How To’ series. The previous post was How to Add ‘Crates’ and ‘Stores’ On ‘Masters’ page of ChargeERP.
Commission agents have to keep a record of all their sales to the customers in an accounting software. These are the steps you need to take to add your customer account to the ‘Accounts’ page on ChargeERP.
- Log into your ChargeERP account. Once you log in, you will directly land on the ‘Dashboard’ page.
- From the top left corner of the ‘Dashboard’, click on the company name dropdown (A) and choose the company you want to add the customer account to. Now using the sidebar option on the left side, just click on the ‘Accounts’ (B) section.
- To add a new customer account, click on the ‘New Account’ (C) button on the right side of the page. This will open a new form where you can fill in the details related to your customer.
First, fill in the Mandatory Fields (D).
- Add details like customer’s ‘Business Name’, name of the ‘Contact Person’ and their ‘Phone Number’.
- Next, choose ‘Customer’ from the ‘Account Type’ dropdown. This will automatically set the ‘Debit/Credit’ dropdown to ‘Debit’ but you can change it. ‘Debit’ stands for money receivable while ‘Credit’ stands for money payable.
- Next, add the ‘Opening Balance’ on the date of creating this account.
- Finally, select the correct ‘State’ and ‘City’ of the business from the dropdown.
You can also choose to fill in some Optional Information (E) about the customer.
- Add ‘Print Alias’ which is a nickname that you want to use on the bills and reports.
- Add the ‘Area’ where this business operates and the official business ‘Address’.
- Similarly, fill in ‘Credit Limit’ and ‘Ledger Folio Number’.
- You also have the option to add the Customer’s banking details like ‘Account Holder Name’, ‘Account Number’, ‘IFSC Code’, and ‘Pan Number’.
Now, click on the ‘Save’ (F) button. The newly added Customer Account will now appear in the table on the ‘Accounts’ page. For easy identification, customer accounts carry a green ‘Customer’ label (G) on them.
How to edit or delete entries
Every row in the ‘Accounts’ table has a ‘three-dot menu’ (H) on the right side, which allows you to ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ the Customer details. However, when you delete a Customer account, all associated transactions of that account in ‘Quick Sale’, ‘Financials’, and ‘Crate Analysis’ will also be deleted.
In the footer (I), you can see the ‘Accounts’ summary as ‘Total Customers’, ‘Total Suppliers’, ‘Outstanding Balance’ for customers and suppliers.
See how easy it is to add customer accounts on ChargeERP. Read our next article in the ‘How-To’ series – ‘How To Add ‘Supplier Account‘ On ‘Accounts’ page o ChargeERP’. ChargeERP accounting software is favorite amongst mandi commission agents as it helps them in storing their financial information in a secure manner. Also, the software is easy to learn and does not require any technical or accounting expertise. Powered by Bijak, India’s most trusted agri-trading app, ChargeERP can be accessed from multiple devices and promises to save 90% of your time and energy.
In case you have any queries regarding ChargeERP software and their newly launched ChargeERP box, feel free to dial +91 9311341199 or visit www.chargeerp.com. You can request a free demo here: https://www.chargeerp.com/#demo. For regular updates, you can follow us on Facebook and check our latest videos on our YouTube channel.